Land deeds of Avalon
Here are six deeds concerning The Avalon Mills properties. They were graciously given to us several years ago. The copies were difficult to read, so I have transcribed them the best that I could. In addition to the transcribed text I have provided scanned images of the documents.
- October 14, 1899: To The Avalon Mills From John H Price and Wife
- The Avalon Mills purchased two tracts of land totalling 115.35 Acres from John H. Price and Mary H. Price. The first Tract contained 113.33 Acres, the second 2.02 Acres. The purchase price was $2883.75
- October 14, 1899: To The Avalon Mills From John H. Price & Wife
- The Avalon Mills pays John H. Price & Mary H. Price $200 for permission to maintain a dam on the Mayo River and back the waters without liability for property damage.
- October 16, 1899: To The Avalon Mills From Piedmont Land & Manufacturing Company
- The Avalon Mills purchases 100+ Acres of land from Piedmont Land & Manufacturing Company for $12,500
- July 11, 1899: To The Avalon Mills From B. Frank Mebane & Wife
- The Avalon Mills purchased 13.48 Acres of land from B. Frank Mebane and wife Lilly Morehead Mebane for $450
- December 2, 1899: To The Avalon Mills From the Norfolk And Western Railway Co
- Right of way agreement between Norfolk and Western Railway and The Avalon Mills.
- February 10, 1900: To The Avalon Mills, From John M. Gallaway & Wife
- The Avalon Mills purchases approximately 100 acres from John M. Gallaway & Wife Mary H Gallaway for $2000.